Warmer weather and longer days may be beckoning you back outside after a long winter. It’s time to start thinking about spring lawn care and how to prepare your yard for the upcoming growing season. Here are a few things you can be doing now to encourage a lush, green lawn.
1. Though there may not be leaves on the ground this time around, get the rake back out and start raking your lawn again. This will remove any thatch which is dead grass or leaves that may have compacted over the winter.
2. Now is a good time to put down a weed killer – before the weeds have really had a chance to start growing.
3. It may be tempting to fertilize as well but don’t start too early. It’s better to wait until April or May for warm season grasses.
4. Address bare spots in your yard by putting down seed. Be sure to choose the right type of seed for your weather and amount of sunlight. Once the seed is down, water thoroughly to ensure growth.
5. Time to tune up the lawn mower! Now is the time to clean your lawn mower, sharpen the blades and replace the oil. Having a properly working lawn mower will make the mowing season much easier!
Following these lawn care steps in the Spring will help create a lush and healthy lawn this summer. For more information consult a local landscaping company with expertise in your local lawn care.http://www.candcbuilders.com/