I’m sure you’ve seen the signs out everywhere – Get Your Flu Shot Here! Flu Shots Available Now! Flu season officially runs from October to May and while it’s not time to panic, there are things you can do around the house to make your home less hospitable to cold weather germs. Here are a few ideas:
- Pay special attention to germ hot spots and clean them regularly – this includes the sink, children’s toys, cell phones and door knobs. Don’t forget the remote contol!
- Use fans in high humidity areas such as bathrooms and kitchens. This will help prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.
- Wash your sheets, towels and other bedding on high temp every week.
- Don’t forget to clean ceiling fans, air filters and vacuum to keep the air fresh and free of dust.
- Be sure to clean your cleaning tools so you aren’t pushing germs around – this includes dust rags, mop heads and sponges.
- Put the toilet seat down when you flush to keep germs from coming out and landing on other bathroom surfaces. Mop your bathroom floor once a week.
- Clean the kitchen sink with bleach or vinegar and don’t forget to wipe down the faucet handle.
What tips do you have for keeping your home free of unwanted germs?http://candcbuilders.com